(7) Archiving the history of Ralston's Historic Old Granary, one of Omaha's grain-flour mill-bakery & cereal-related sites to our country's grain-to-baking development.
Located in the heart of OMAHA, NEBRASKA
Ralston's Old Granary represents a significant aspect of Nebraska's bread-culture development. It was established in 1900, and gradually became an 87,000 sq. ft. complex of 7 buildings on 7 acres. Today it is privately owned, but still has historical, one-of-a-kind, 2-story, massive wooden beamed grain bins.
Ralston's Old Granary
Historic Architecture of our country's Bread Culture foundation.
A very unique & priceless piece of our country's history!
Real Estate: right off the 72nd Street exit of I-80 in the center of Omaha, Nebraska.
Location: Midwest Grain Belt - - - centrally located in this country - - - in the center of the Bread Basket of North America (Canada down to Texas).
Significance of grain in Nebraska: The statue on the dome of the state capitol building is "The Sower!"
Omaha is a vibrant city providing one of thee best "home town American" atmospheres in the country! Central to many "only here" local & regional treasures of the nation, and MCC's top-rated Culinary Institute.
A multitude of "Only in Omaha" events in local-to-national sports, the zoo, theaters & the arts, museums-exhibits-ethnic festivals, trails, educational-professional-business-religious programs, plus the future of a baking opportunity at the National Bread Museum's Baking Mill, a baking festival, or a regional or nationwide competitive baking or other area event, so you won't be able to visit "just once!"
Giving a DONATION to help develop the National Bread Museum on LAND
This in museum component #7. Go to:
1) National Bread Museum & Study Center;
2) The Baking Mill; 3) Stone Oven Bakery; 4) Library & Bread Culture Archive;
5) Tins of Taste Museum & Art-on-Tin Study Center;
6) Cultural Heritage Center & Immigration Museum;
8) A Glimpse into the Past; 9) Our Ancestral Tribute & Honor Archive
HOME --- RECIPES & BASICS --- AG ARTIFACTS --- BAKING ARTIFACTS --- TINS (See Menu for more)